As a Business Developer at SurePay, you’ll be part of our business development team and report to our Chief Commercial Officer. The aim of your role will be to dive into the different markets within the EU and conduct research around the payments industry and fraud, before engaging in outreach to potential clients. You’ll also immerse yourself into the world of payment platforms, like SWIFT (global) and P27 (Nordics) for example. You analyze and make recommendations to both the Product and Business Development team on how we can potentially collaborate with different organisations throughout the EU and form long-term partnerships.
Your job at SurePay
For this position, we’re essentially looking for a business developer who enjoys delving into the research and gaining deep insights into the market. For this role, knowledge and experience in the world of payments both domestic and global is a must. Someone who understands the payments landscape as well as fraud, and is willing to further immerse and deep dive into that area. We’re planning to grow into cross-border payments, which will also require some careful research and analysis around the systems, legislations, opportunities etc. You have the capacity to understand the data and complexity of the landscape and formulate solid recommendations. You work in the interest of keeping SurePay up to date, growing steadily and poised to take whatever opportunities may arise. If this sounds like your area of interest and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Our team and business is growing fast, and that’s just how we like it. As a business developer for the EU, as well as conducting research, you will also have contact and relationships with (potential) clients. You offer your expertise to prospects and have a seat at their table. You know how their systems work, and therefore how they can improve their own product by collaborating with us. With your knowledge of the EU payments, its standards and fraud landscape, comes a network that you can also utilize.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience in the world of payments (domestic and global)
- Affiliation with the banking and payments sector
- Strong network in banking and payments
- Strong communication and relationship building/maintenance skills
- Affinity with research and data interpretation
- Attention to detail
- BA degree in Economics, Finance or Business related field
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- A data driven approach to sales
- Knowledge/network within the Nordics payments landscape is a plus
Your main tasks
- Identifying and engaging with prospective SurePay customers within the EU region.
- Immersing in the payments and fraud landscape, keeping up with trends and developments in the industry.
- Actively reading up on and researching each target in order to provide other sales colleagues with deep insights and analysis of opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the rest of the Product and Business Development team to analyze potential opportunities and make internal recommendations for prioritization.
- Founded in 2016
- ± 80 employees
- ± 30 nationalities
- 1 office
- Flat organisation
- (Business) Casual
- Average age: 36
SurePay makes payment easier, more personal and even more secure. We are a Fintech company, with the most well known product being the IBAN-Name Check, also known internationally as Confirmation of Payee. This product is purchased by almost all banks in the Netherlands, but also by major insurers, lenders, ministries and government agencies.
In total we have already carried out more than 4 Billion checks. Since we went live with IBAN-Name Check, the number of invoice fraud via transfers to Dutch IBANs has decreased by no less than 81%.
SurePay stems from an innovation program of Rabobank, started in July 2016 and has been an independent BV since the beginning of 2020. SurePay is currently in the scale-up phase; we are engaged in the international roll-out of our services. In England we now have a foothold and we check 35% of all payments. Other countries are in the pipeline. We are currently working with 5 scrum teams and a business / sales team on our ambitious growth goals.
SurePay is being backed by three leading investors, specialised at scaling B2B SaaS solutions internationally and FinTech companies. Rabo Frontier Ventures, a strategic investment arm of Rabobank, Connected Capital and Iris Capital support our company's mission of preventing international payment fraud.
- Meer informatie